Nonington Church of England Primary School is an ‘Inclusive learning community, rooted in God’ where Christian values are practised, respected and promoted. To fulfil our vision our school promotes the Christian values of wisdom, trust, hope, peace and friendship. We believe that these Christian values are fundamental to the learning journey of our pupils. Pupils learn about our Christian values and their roots in the Bible and the work of Christ.
Through the promotion of our Christian values the school develops pupils that are compassionate, considerate, empathetic, supporting, open-minded, patient, accepting, understanding, driven, purposeful, eager, successful, active, thoughtful, resilient, motivated, distinctive, confident, imaginative and creative.
This is because school’s mission is to:
- Develop a love for learning within our pupils
- Develop our pupils’ talents and widen their experiences
- Ensure that strong relationships are built between pupils and within the school and the wider community
- Develop spiritual awareness and encourage mutual respect, showing sensitivity to the differences between each other
- Ensure our pupils are able to contribute positively to modern life in Britain